Man, a week already? Shit, Lost, you need to slow your roll! Which happened this week because almost NOTHING happened. I’m sure the mechanic guy comes into play later, but FUCK YOU LOST, I want answers! There were some moments of note. HERE IS WHAT WE KNOW NOW
1. WHEN KATE’S NEW IN TOWN, SHE KNOWS WHERE TO CHAT WITH GREAT LOCAL SINGLES
Case in point
2. Sayid’s a zombie, maybe!
Man, that was a close one with Sayid. OR IS IT SAYID? Or is it Zombie Sayid? The possibilities are endless. Maybe someone should torture him just so we are sure of something and not because it builds dramatic tension without explaining anything.
3. Some people still use typewriters.
Especially, when they hate English.
4. Sawyer doesn’t care about stuff.
Tough couple of weeks for Sawyer. And the ring! He liked it so he was planning on putting a ring on it!
5. Kate only cares about Sawyer.
However, he is just not that into Kate. Also, Kate, calm down with this stuff. Sawyer is broken up about Juliet, but Kate continues her ways, even with Jack in plain sight!
I don’t know anyone (who is not a robot) who has ever said ‘Kate is the best character on this show.’ I did hear a robot say it, though.
6. Arzt’s parcel probably had Jacob in it.
Duh. It’s all connected. We have to go back!
7. Ethan was off the island in the flash-whatever segments!
8. Claire develops Stockholm Syndrome at an accelerated rate.
“Oh, kidnapper who induced my VERY premature labor, how can I ever repay you?”
9. Claire has been claimed.
Not only did Jack get a truth bomb dropped on him to the tune of Claire is his sister, but we were also introduced to the notion of “being claimed.” My guesses? Edward (nemesis guy) claimed Locke, Jacob claimed Sayid, and either Rousseau, Alex, Shannon, Claire, Libby, Ana Lucia, or Mr. Eko claimed Claire. I think. Maybe? I don’t feel at all upset that the show decided to introduce a significant phenomenenom that will probably affect the rest of the show and also take away real endings for characters such as Locke, Claire, and Sayid.
10. Mac from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia shows up!
It’s like work plus a vacation. The Lost dick towels will be available next week.
11. Jack trusts no one. He especially does not mystic pharmacists.
He almost went bye bye.
Sidebar: The infection’s back? I’m sorry but I always thought “infection” was just a figment of the imagination made by people on the Island. Like, there was no ACTUAL infection, it was just a way to keep people under control. The Infection is Other People!
But I guess the Infection is an actual infection.
– Why do they say there will be answers when there will not be answers?
– When do Nikki and Paolo come back and claim some people?
BONUS: Teresa’s Lost speculation of the week
“WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS! THEY LIE ABOUT QUESTIONS BEING OVER.”
Everyone is getting frustrated.